SASSRIKA LANKA (Pvt) Ltd was established in 2012 after years of research and preparation by the Biogenic Green Technology Research Institute (BGTRI). We are headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka. BGTRI is the technical arm and research body for biogenic technology in Sri Lanka. It consists of a panel of expert doctors from various industries that collaborate for an organic future with biogenic technology. BGTRI also overseas all aspects of our biogenic concepts and future. Perfected technologies are passed on to SASSRIKA LANKA (Pvt) Ltd which manufactures these concepts. Our focus in biogenic technology, that is natural, eco – friendly and 100% organic. These biogenic solutions are powered by back to nature philosophy across a broad range of industries. Our goal is simple, to provide green solutions with guaranteed results. Green solutions end destructive conventional methods which harm our health and the environment, while providing alternatives for a sustainable future. Biogenic technology offers natural solutions in agriculture, livestock, environmental management, water treatment, health and other sectors.
Biogenic technology is the harnessing of nature’s power in microorganisms to work at the fundamental level of all organic life.
- Produced by living organisms or biogenic processes.
Ten years ago, when we visited agricultural lands in the Central Region of Sri Lanka, there was a deprived concept and understanding among the farmers about organic agricultural sector. There was only a minimal number of farmers who had intentions of entering the organic agriculture. If there was any such farmer, he had invariably suffered as a result of venturing into that synthetic chemical agricultural sector. He was also ready to reserve only less than half an acre for organic agriculture. Even that little land was seen by the neighboring farmers as an unwise venture. The advice he got from neighboring farmers were, ‘Don’t do this foolish work. Use Urea and get the harvest’.
For the farmers, whom we chose to enter the organic agriculture, even for a half an acre, had to face struggles with a lot of restrictions. To bring about sixty packs of chicken fertilizer and use it, he had to spend a lot of money, time and strain. Finally, what we could observe was that even the harvest was also at a poor level. The advice given by neighboring farmers was proven right.
For us too, it was an issue and a question why the nitrogen quality was not absorbed into the plants. We were compelled to do a separate research on the issue. We realized that certain medicines (antibiotics) and numerous artificial chemicals had brought obstacles to the natural edible process of those wastes. It was very evident that when using these digestible process that obstructs to the soil, it could cause serious debacles to organic materials that are humus and obstructs to absorption process. We were really stunned that such a quantity of those medicines (antibiotic) was released along with animal waste to the farm lands. Our research mechanisms turned into large scale animal control.
The food used for chicken is kept dry for the purpose of keeping it for a long time. Corn powder and rice polish powder are here as major components. As such, the dry food that does not come under natural absorbing procedure does not completely become absorbing and a certain portion comes out without being completely digesting. This is an indigestible situation. As such the nutritious materials that did not become digested comes to a secondary pathogenic bacterial infection and the unabsorbing condition develops to a diarrheal situation. Finally, this diarrhea condition increases the death of animals. As a solution to this situation, it has become inevitable to depend on antibiotics for animal husbandry.
However, in natural conditions, when an animal eats a earth worm, eats a rice seed, millions of microbes enter into the animal digestive system. These beneficial microbes will develop in the gut of animal as a bio film.
Not only the microbes could understand the nature of chemical process of any nutritious material, but they also have the ability to secrete enzymes on any nutritious material to digest and absorb it. As a result of this ability, the microbes that grow in the first segment of the gut subject them to basic digestion. After that only the animal’s natural enzyme digesting process begins. The release of a certain percentage of nutritious portions or half developed nutritious portions, which did not become nutritious material with this dual complete engross process, will be reduced. It will reduce the release of ammonia and hydrogen sulfide which are half digesting and control the bad odor.
With the priority for these purposes, we have introduced a process for animal management that would rapidly increase the natural digesting process for animal foods, drinking water and liquid. With this we have achieved the maximum results through the natural digesting process with the animal food digestive system. We believe that this product is a magnificent award for the management of animals in Sri Lanka which were introduced by Biogenic Green Technology Research Institute.
The benefits that could be achieved with this magnificent process spreads into a number of sectors.
Benefits for owners of animal farms:
- The reduction of expenses for antibiotic
- Reduction of expenses for other medicine used to eradicate allergies due to antibiotic medicine.
- Minimizing of expenses for growth promoters which are used to prevent the reduction of weight that happens with half digestion.
- Due to this reason, reducing the reaching of arrival of artificial chemicals along with animal dung that hamper the process of earth’s natural living
- Nutritive elements being absorbed much better with stimulation of microvilli through the microbial process of the digestive tract.
- Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR) rising to a higher level due to increase of food digestion and absorption process getting more faster.
- The possibility of reducing the environmental issues through the reduction of the spread of various bad smells such as ammonia, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur dioxide.
- Control of respiratory diseases with the bad inhalation of ammonia due to the reduction of emission of ammonia from animal litter.
- The rise of animal immunity.
- Reduction of mortality rates.
Benefits for consumers.
- The ability to provide the consumers healthy meat and milk that does not contain antibiotic medicine.
Benefits for farmers.
- The ability to receive antibiotic free animal waste for the agricultural sector and through that to increase the natural bio degradable process.
- The release of bad smell with animal waste is not only an environmental issue, but also the loss of a number of components such as nitrogen, sulfur necessary for nutrition. A genuine solution could be achieved by binding the nitrogen and sulfur as ammonium nitrate, ammonium sulfate and ammonium sulfite in chicken litter.
Establishment of biogenic Green Technology Research Institute
Introducing organic animal feed inoculents and additives
Commencement of organic agriculture input research and development project
Introducing organic fertilizers to commercial farming
- 2010 – Initiate commercial operations of organic animal feed additives
- 2011 – Introducing Rhizophere and Rhizone Bio fertilizers to organic market segment
- 2012 – Commencement of manufacturing bio phosphate – Rhizosaara
Supplying organic inputs
- 2014 – supplying organic inputs to 10000 farmer base
- 2016 – 16000 farmer base
Supplying organic inputs for joint project conducted by national agriculture development and entrepreneur project (2000 hectares - maize farmer)
Awarded as the Sri Lanka's best organic project by Market development Facility of Australian high commissioner
Awarding Gold Medal by Sri Lanka Inventor's Commission (Dr Thulitha Ranwala)
- 2014 – supplying organic inputs to 10000 farmer base
- 2016 – 16000 farmer base
Awards and Certificates
- Winners of Global Student Entrepreneurs awards 2022
- Obtaining ISO 9001: 2015 quality management system certificate for manufacturing of bio fertilizers